Heads Up. Hands On.
An exclusive workshop with Deek Diedricksen.
Saturday, April 28th | 10am – 2pm
Hosted by Derek “Deek” Diedricksen (HGTV’s host of Tiny House Builders and bestselling author of Microshelters) and a special guest speaker or two! Deek has taught hands-on workshops since 2009 all the way from California to Sydney, Australia. His work has appeared on/in HGTV, The DIY Network, The History Channel, The NY Times, China Times, the homepage of Yahoo.com and more.
$25 non-refundable deposit required prior to workshop.
$50 Remaining balance due upon arrival.
WORKSHOP ADMISSION INCLUDES:
- Admission to the exclusive workshop with Deek
- One weekend pass to the 2018 TinyHouseNC Street Festival. (a $15 value)
- One set of pdf framing plans for Deek’s Transforming A-frame. (a $30 value)
This is not a sit-down lecture or a presentation. This is a get down, get dirty, get a little smelly, HANDS ON workshop. In other words, you’ll ACTUALLY build something!
This particular class is more geared towards those wanting to learn the basics of framing (as a class we will actually frame a couple walls) as well as the ins and outs of tiny house building basics (both on a trailer, and on a foundation). Over the course of the four hours we will cover the following:
- Framing (headers, roof rafters, doorways, and more)
- Building your base
- Sheathing techniques
- Materials and fastener use/choices
- Roofing Options
- Tools of the trade- what you’ll TRULY need, and what you can save your money on/pass on
- The DON’Ts of tiny house design
- Time, money, and hassle saving tricks of the trade (from lumber to plumbing in an open Q&A format/talk).
- How to build for less: the secrets of reuse and salvage
- And more!
NOTE: Because the class is from 10am to 2pm you may want to bring your own lunch and/or snacks so you don’t have to leave to pick up some food. Hydration will be important too so bring plenty of water!
If this workshop sells out by April 1, a smaller/shorter workshop may be added on Sunday morning, covering other alternative techniques of building and design. The workshop must sell out though.
If you have any questions or for sponsorship opportunities with Deek Diedricksen or at one of his workshop events, please contact email@example.com.